Address: 5 Mialli Place, O’Malley, Canberra, ACT 2606, Australia
Tel: +61 2 6290 5600 Fax: +61 2 6162 2690
Applications processing period: Up to 10 working days excluding the day of acceptance of the visa application documents.
Payment methods: Bank transfers only. No cash or credit cards accepted. All visa fees must be paid in US dollars.
Visa fees for foreign nationals and stateless persons are as follows:
- Single entry (3 to 90 days) 20 US dollars;
- Multiple entry (up to 1 year) – 350 US dollars;
- Transit single entry (up to 5 days) – 20 US dollars (a copy of round trip ticket should be submitted);
- Transit double entry (up to 5 days) – 40 US dollars (a copy of round trip ticket should be submitted);
Bank account details:
Bank name: Commonwealth Bank Account Name: THE EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN TO THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA
Account Number: 06200015771269
CBA SWIFT CODE: CTB AAU2S
Branch Name: London Circuit Branch
Branch Address: Cnr London Circuit and Ainslie Avenue Canberra ACT 2601
IMPORTANT NOTICE: PAYMENTS ARE MADE ONLINE AND FROM DIFFERENT BANKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED. PLEASE MAKE ALL PAYMENTS FROM COMMONWEALTH BANK'S BRANCHES.
The relevant visa procedure starts once all the necessary visa application documents are accepted by the Embassy. Incomplete visa application forms are not accepted.
Please be advised that all multiple entry visas inquiries should be sent directly by the Azerbaijani inviting party to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan for the relevant authorization procedure.
The Consular Section reserves a right to require any additional documents that it considers to be necessary for visa application procedure.
No assurance regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore, the purchase of non-refundable travel tickets should not be made before visa approval is granted.
In accordance with national legislation and subject to the international agreements to which the Republic of Azerbaijan is a party, the Embassy reserves the right to consider visa applications in certain cases as long as it feels necessary. Visa can be denied if the authorities have reasons to believe that an applicant's entry into or stay in Azerbaijan will not be desirable.
Types of visa:
Single-entry visa - up to 90 days of validity;
Multiple-entry visa - up to two years of validity;
Applying for a visa:
IMPORTANT: All the fields of the application form must be filled out carefully, not missing any information.
The confirmation document shall be accompanied with the following documents:
1) Supporting documents which vary according to the type of visit (see the list below);
2) Original valid national passport;
- its validity date must be at least three months beyond the duration of the visa applied for;
- it has to contain at least two blank pages;
3) Two biometric 3 cm x 4 cm coloured photos with a white background, taken within the last 6 months. Visa application will not be accepted if the photo is not correct as required;
4) Non-Australian, non-New Zealand and non-Fiji citizens should present Australian, New Zealand or Fiji residency permit;
5) Receipt of the payment / bank transaction statement;
Supporting documents which vary according to the type of visit:
Letter of invitation from a business counterpart in Azerbaijan (signed and stamped) indicating personal information, purpose of the trip and the duration of applicant's intended stay in Azerbaijan.
Certificate of employer/educational organization (signed and stamped) indicating personal information, applicant's position, purpose of the trip and coverage of expenses.
Private visit (visiting family or friends):
Letter of invitation from relatives or friends in the Republic of Azerbaijan, whom the applicant plans to visit submitted together with his/her copy of the national passport or identity card of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
A letter about the purpose of the trip, flight itinerary and online hotel reservation;